School Rules / Responsibilities
1. Be Kind – use nice words and treat others kindly.
2. Show Respect – follow our school rules and listen to school staff.
3. Aim High – strive to achieve the best you can!
4. Bounce Back – when something makes you feel sad change something and try again.
General play rules:
● Eat your food BEFORE entering playgrounds or oval areas
● No tackling
● Safe stick play (not to be used as a weapon or in a dangerous manner)
● The yard duty teacher will determine what is safe play (wet play equipment, playing with sticks) and their directions must be followed.
● Keep play areas tidy, put all rubbish in the appropriate bin
● Keep the area outside your classroom tidy
● Wear a school hat outside during Term 1 and from September 1st until the end of Term 4.
No Hat = No Play, so sit in the shade.
● Walk around buildings and in the courtyard
Junior Primary Playground:
● Students in years R - 2 can play on this
equipment at recess and lunchtime and
before school with teacher supervision.
● Only 1 person at a time on the swings
● Only 8 people are allowed on the SPINNER
● Only 3 people are allowed on the big round swing
( the biscuit swing) and must be seated while swinging
- only 1 person to push it
● follow the sandpit roster to play here on the correct day.
Primary Playground - At recess and lunch
● Year 3 - 7 students
● Swings must be used safely, with one person sitting on a swing at a time and not connected to another swing in any way. Students can swing for 2 minutes, 120 seconds, then hop off for someone else to have a go. If people do not follow this rule tell the teacher on duty.
● Chasey games on or around the playground equipment are unsafe and not allowed.
Red and Blue Fitness Equipment.
● Year 4 and above students only
Main Primary Oval
● Lower Section: Year 3 - 7 students - this area includes the soccer goals
Top Section: R-3 – The area above the soccer goals
● In wet weather, do not go on it if it is muddy
● If the red flags are displayed, do not go on the oval
The Primary Courts
● Only Year 3 - 7 students
● No kicking of balls at any time
Before and After School Play
● Before and after school games (8:35 – 8:50 and 3:00 – 3:15) can only be played on the Western Court so that people walking home will not be inconvenienced.
● After school play in the primary yard ends at 3:15 and all students, without adult supervision, must leave the school grounds or report to the front office for a parent or caregiver to be contacted for collection.
● Ovals are out of bounds before and after school unless supervised by a caregiver.
Out of Bounds Areas
Students can only leave the school grounds with staff permission:
If a ball goes outside the fence line or into a car park, a teacher's permission and supervision is required to fetch it.
Areas that are out of bounds include:
● All the native vegetation areas bordering the school’s perimeter - as students in these areas cannot be seen
● The areas in front of the school and library
● The steps and the space between rooms 9 &10 and the library, including the walkway
● Classrooms and other spaces such as the hall, gym, art room etc. when a teacher is not present or has given special permission for a student to be in the space
● All car parks and bike racks
● The areas beyond the primary playground boundary - near the music and Japanese room or around the sheds and shipping containers
● The area between the Playgroup area, cricket nets and green shed.